Happy Brows: Eyelash Perm Horror Story.


BAM BAM BAM. Today I'd like to share my first eyelash perming experience and how it got horribly horrible for me. It was so disappointing that I need to share this story out there. Don't want others feeling helpless and so alone with this. OMO sounds so dramatic but it's true. Not every beauty procedure you would go into would go smoothly so here's what happened with mine.


Happy Brows Lash Perm (P390.00)

My sister and I had our procedure at Happy Brows Ayala Malls Feliz branch. The interiors were oh so pretty and that already gives a good first impression. Man oh man, THAT FIRST IMPRESSION WAS SO WRONG. Being an interior designer, a designed space speaks a lot so I have placed more trust to them. I'm used to eye lash extensions and all but I was pretty scared still since I haven't tried lash perming ever.


I fully obeyed the one who did the procedure to me. I closed my eyes and let her do her thing and whenever I felt that something was strange I told her. I really voiced out like, "hey the tape scratches my eyeball or is tugging it too much."

After about 2 hours during the procedure this was the result. I was pretty pretty obedient too. I didn't touch my lashes, didn't get them wet and all their precautionary measures. I even told the one who did my lashes why they looked crumpled and that she missed out on cleaning out some parts of my eyelids cause I FEEL the solution sticking on them. She just said that it would look better later on and "MAWAWALA PO YAN." Like how? IT WAS A PERM.


But still, even if you follow every bit of instruction sometimes a bad perming will still take effect. AIGOO it looked terrible! It looked like someone played with my lashes.


After a few more hours when we got home I felt stinging on my eyes. So when I went to check my eyelid IT WAS ALREADY BRUISING. It was stinging cause it got some cuts already... from the solution that was not properly removed.


It was terribly stinging that I didn't care about the no water contact. I had my sister clean up the residues near my lash line carefully with cotton buds. That's when she confirmed that yes my eyelid got bruised and got cuts which is why it stung.



It was so terrible that I needed to tell their management. I contacted them and their after service is pretty slow and bad! I waited for a week. A WEEK to get action on it and by the time they finally called I was not able to answer cause I was in church and had them call back but THEY DIDN'T.


They told me that my lashes were too sparse and short that it was hard to perm. IF IT WAS THE CASE then they should have told me that before the procedure and NOT AFTER.  I do think that it was hard but possible. Look at my right eye. It was nicely permed!!! So it really does not justify how crappy they made my left eye look.

During the procedure, Kayla (a local singer) was having a mall show. They were so unprofessional cause I heard the staff go out to watch for a 'bit' even though we were in the middle of the procedure! SO my sister and I were left on the seats with eyes shut. LIKE WHO WOULD DO THAT IF YOU'RE WITH A CLIENT? Sh*tty treatment right there. Your customer has their eyes closed and having a perm without the reassurance that they are being well taken care of cause I heard them skipping out the door to hear the singer.
DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND GETTING YOUR LASHES PERMED AT HAPPY BROWS. Lame customer service both during procedure and after! What lame excuses I heard. A lash perm was said to last for 2-3 months. Imagine having crumpled lashes for that long! 

Would I get my lashes permed again? I would but would not get them done there! 

Comments

  1. Hello I wish Ive read this before, i just had mine yesterday and now I rush into the EENT clinic and found out I got an eye allergy. Same experience very poor customer service. I am wishing a lot of people will read your article to raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine too and its much more horrible than what happened to her. I gave them a bad rating due to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If ever did get another perm ? How long did it last this way ? To get rid of it did you do any home remedy ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use a lash serum rich in vitamins Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Marshmallow Extract, Aloe Vera, Hyrdolysed Silk, Rosemary, Camomile, Anica Montana and Apricot Extracts, to help your lashes recover, I would recommend waiting at least 4 - 6 weeks before having the treatment done again, but check their work before booking :) this can be an amazing treatment when done correctly and after-care is maintained by the client.

      Delete
    2. Can you please tell me more about that serum?

      Delete
  4. Hi, Im sorry you had to experience an awful treatment, I have never seen anything like this before in all the years of my happy lash lifted clients, I cannot believe the therapist did this to you!! I am a fully qualified therapist and trainer and would like to show my students cropped pictures of your eyes after your lash lift please? I would be very grateful to show them how not to do the treatment and what can go wrong if the correct procedure is not followed. Many Thanks for considering my request, and I hope your lashes have recovered :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a bad experience with Happy Brows too and they refuse to even reply to my emails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Eyebrow lamination near me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts